Dr Koula Charitonos (Open University)
- MAP Role: Co-Investigator
- Institution: Open University (OU)
- Position: Lecturer, Institute of Educational Technology
- Location: U.K.
- Twitter: @ch_koula
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Koula_Charitonos
- OU Institutional Repository for Resources: http://oro.open.ac.uk/cgi/r/y40ga
- Website: https://iet.open.ac.uk/
Koula Charitonos is a Lecturer at the Institute of Educational Technology in the Open University UK. Her research examines ways in which technology-enhanced learning can be considered a driving force for the capacity building needed to solve global challenges, in particular the threat of drug-resistant infections and access to quality education for disadvantaged learners. She co-leads the OU’s engagement in the UNHCR Connected Learning in Crisis Consortium.
- PhotoVoice as an educational tool for intercultural learning and peacebuilding between Forcefully Displaced Populations and Host community youth
- EDiCT project Empathy Dynamics in Conflict Transformation